Contact one of our consultants
Data Scientist in UK
• Strong analytical and requirements gathering skills.
• Able to understand and interpret results from complex analysis, apply the results to the given problem and suggest conclusions to be drawn.
• Able to present and explain results of analysis via written and verbal communication.
• Good working knowledge and experience of databases including database interrogation tools
• Good working knowledge of spreadsheets, with experience of making use of their wider functionality (e.g. formulae).
• Understands a wide range of data quality issues and the application of the appropriate data validation techniques
• Knowledge of professional standards (including Code of Practice for Statistics, General Data Protection Regulation and Freedom of Information Act) and their application.
Post holder will have deep specialist knowledge or the ability to build deep specialist knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
• Statistical modelling and techniques including coding on software packages
• Business intelligence and visual analytics to develop and standardise sophisticated interactive presentations
• Data science using cutting edge technologies combined with data expertise to solve real-world problems
• Data linkage and analysis of new types of data including using analysis and subject matter knowledge to inform content requirements.
• Experience of working in the public sector.
• Able to exhibit knowledge of relevant legislation when working with public data.
• Knowledge of using two or more of these statistical techniques; Analysis of variance, Multiple regression, Other Multivariate techniques, Stochastic
• processes, Time Series Analysis,
• Generalised Linear Model, Hypothesis testing or Index number