Contact one of our consultants
Data Analyst Job in Gloucestershire
Starting in October ‘22, contract until February ‘23
Full-time, 37hrs per week.
Minimum of 2 days per week in Office.
Office based in Stoke Gifford, Bristol (BS34)
Purpose of the job:
Higher education providers (including universities, colleges and alternative providers) submit data to the OfS (Office for Students) which is used to inform financial risk assessments and funding allocations.
You will work as part of a team to check the data, raise queries with providers and liaise with colleagues, with the aim of supporting providers in submitting data that is fit for purpose.
You will need to work to tight timescales and to quickly and accurately pick up on data definitions, funding rules and the data verification process. You will need to be able to work semi-autonomously, using their own judgement on when issues should be explored further with more experienced substantive members of staff.
The work is carried out to a set timescale and process involving maintaining records at all times.
Full training and guidance is provided. No experience of accountancy training or experience with financial data is required to undertake these roles, but a strong logic skill set and attention to detail would be highly beneficial alongside strong Excel skills.
- Interpreting and manipulating numerical data accurately
- Experience using MS Office notably proficient in Excel, Word and Teams
- Managing own workload and prioritising work to meet deadlines
- Working independently
- Following processes and meeting deadlines accurately
- Ability to maintain attention to detail for work that is sometimes repetitive
- Able to proactively build positive working relationships with team members