Contact one of our consultants
Chemistry Technician in Derbyshire
Role: Chemistry Technician/Technologist
Hours: 37.5, Mon-Fri
This role is a 12 month contract likely leading to permanent placement
Salary: £20k-25k depending on experience
You will be responsible for delivering the project-based development of new products and processes to meet current and future needs of the business.
- To manage and evaluate product development ideas and opportunities from conception through to plant production, with specific emphasis and accountability for plant-based trials.
- To undertake the development of new products as a result specific customer, market or business requirements.
- Assessment and development of performance attributes of acetate film including optical, mechanical, thermal, chemical, electrical and audible aspects.
- Development of improved processes to produce acetate film in line with business objectives.
- Provision of technical support to the production facility and a problem-solving capacity.
- Liaison with other members of the team to enable development projects, etc. to be translated into a production process.
- Implementation of news systems and techniques to ensure evolving business is effectively supported.
- Compiling and presenting reports based on project findings
- Degree qualified in Chemistry or Material science, combined with relevant experience
- A grasp of modern analytical techniques to include infrared and UV-visible spectroscopy, GC microscopy, XRF, thermal analysis and surface analysis techniques
- Proven project management skills with the ability to turn an objective into a project plan and delivery against that plan
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement, able to analyse effectively
- An enquiring mind with logical problem solving skills and good workload management
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt