Contact one of our consultants
Chemical Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Leicestershire
Chemical Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Location: Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire
Salary: £22,000 – £26,000
Contract: Perm, Full-time.
To be responsible for the global authoring of compliant SDSs by maintaining a comprehensive understanding of various global chemical regulations. To support the Technical Support Team with all regulatory based queries and projects, offering advice and up to date information regarding global regulatory affairs.
- To be the point of contact for all chemical regulatory enquiries in relation with, but not limited to, CLP, GHS, REACH, K-REACH, COSHH, TSCA, BPR, Conflict Minerals Reporting, etc.
- To be responsible for the overall maintenance of the SDS software (GHS Pro) and to ensure correct filing and maintenance of all SDS files on the internal systems. To maintain the amendment record for changes carried out.
- To review and approve the use of raw material SDSs supplied and query and incomplete information via the Purchasing Team. To update approved SDS information on the GHS Pro software as required and ensure the filing and archiving of supplier SDSs is maintained for any queries of auditing purposes.
- To author SDSs in accordance with GHS requirements globally, in multiple languages and in accordance with global jurisdictions.
- To proof read and approve the health and safety legislative text on all packaging, ensuring it is compliant with CLP and individual company requirements where appropriate. To communicate any changes required to existing labels with the Global Technical Support Manager and Marketing Department.
- To maintain the raw material database and inform the Global Technical Support Manager of any regulatory changes highlighted by the database.
- To keep up to date with chemical legislation changes globally and provide updates of such changes to the Global Technical Support Manager, including highlighting the affected products involved.
- To liaise with various governing bodies/authorities when necessary, including the preparation and submission of dossiers in relation to global requirements.
- Chemistry Degree
- Previous experience in a similar role (min. 2 years)
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills with experience of standard software packages and SDS authoring software
- Working knowledge of GHS Pro Software (desirable)
- Highly organised and methodical, ability to work to deadlines, and be flexible.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative