Contact one of our consultants
Chemical Marketing and Sales Executive Vacancy in West Midlands
The client is one of the top UK B2B chemical sales organisations. They sell products to a diverse range of markets, including coatings, inks, adhesives, construction chemicals, polymers, cosmetics and many more. They currently have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious graduate of a chemistry-related discipline, who would like to move into a marketing and sales role. We are considering both recent graduates and those with experience in the chemical industry. Strong technical, written and interpersonal skills are required.
You will begin in sales, allowing you to get to know the products and then you will be primarily writing product- and application-focused articles for the blog section of our website, promoting them through social media channels and reporting on their impact. As part of this role you will be responsible for a select number of accounts, which will enhance your understanding of our business and extensive product range. This will involve some UK and international travel.
- Write engaging technical articles for the blog section of our website.
- Collaborate with the marketing manager, sales team and suppliers to ensure accurate and relevant content.
- Manage the blog section of our website through the custom-built content management system (CMS).
- Promote the articles in social media and grow our presence on LinkedIn.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics.
- Manage a selection of sales accounts across a range of industry areas. This will involve telephone calls, emails and face-to-face visits.
- Some UK and international travel is required.
- A BSc in chemistry/materials science or related. Ideally an MChem (or equivalent).
- It is essential that the candidate has excellent written English (spelling, punctuation and grammar). Previous copywriting experience would be advantageous i.e. a flair for writing sales letters.
- Prior experience writing for blogs or print desirable.
- It is expected that you will be familiar with common IT systems. Familiarity with the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) would be a bonus.
- You must be comfortable talking with people over the phone and in person.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
A salary of £18,000-£35,000 will be offered depending on experience. A company car and phone are provided. This is an excellent chance to work with some of the biggest names in the chemical industry. You will be joining a company with an impressive track record of financial growth and employee development.