Contact one of our consultants
Blend Technician in Berkshire
Title: Blend Technician
Location: Pangbourne, RG8 7QR
Salary: £13-14 p/hr
Contract: 7 months – until mid July 2020
The Development technician position is an important role within the blending team which provides blending support and laboratory assistance across a wide range of activities for all the lubricants development teams.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to develop and/or build on existing knowledge of best laboratory practice, quality control, lubricant formulating, blending and customer service. Role involves:
- Laboratory testing
- Blending of requested formulations accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performance of laboratory testing without direct supervision
- Effectively prioritize and manage work across several development technologist customers, possibly in different teams.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts to maintain progress on all key projects e.g. Blendshop, Analytical, Product performance, Additive suppliers and test houses
- Assist in quality and stock control of raw materials by maintaining efficient storage levels in D Block laboratory
- Assist in larger scale blending as and when required in support of the wider blending team outside D block laboratory.
- Manage minor product developments e.g. viscometric optimizations for internal customers prioritizing tasks to be completed by agreed deadlines in service to the development teams.
- Work closely with other members of the blending team to ensure application of best laboratory practices, COSHH, lab standards and all HSE regulations.
- Perform general lab duties including general housekeeping, equipment calibration and maintenance responsibilities, organizing and QC of incoming samples, stock control etc.
Please note: Need car to access site, 60p toll in and out of village (cannot be expensed). Shuttle bus operates from Reading Station.