Contact one of our consultants
Assistant Scientist in Devon and Cornwall
We are looking for someone to join as an Assistant Scientist, supporting the day-to-day operations of the Laboratory in Starcross, Exeter. This will involve carrying out a wide range of routine and non routine tasks within an analytical section of National Monitoring Laboratories. You will be key in ensuring a high quality, efficient and cost effective analytical service is provided to the Environment Agency and external customers.
Main duties will include:
- Analyse samples to ensure effective delivery of a high quality analytical service to defined time, cost and quality targets.
- Ensure that Quality Control procedures are complied with at all times so that Environment Agency standards are met and UKAS accreditation maintained
- Maintain the appropriate working knowledge of state-of-the-art equipment, technology and methodology.
- Assist the Senior Assistant Scientist in the undertaking of non – routine investigations.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Interest in science, minimum A-Level science qualifications.
- Available to work full-time, 37hrs per week
- Team player and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Good communications skills and basic IT skills
Salary is £10.15 per hour, 1-year contract, successful candidate must complete a DBS check.