Contact one of our consultants
Analytical Laboratory Technician Job in Norfolk
Analytical Laboratory Technician
Permanent, full time hours (40hrs per week)
£22,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience).
Looking for a laboratory technician to join a busy and dynamic environment. Excellent opportunity to broaden your skills and gain experience working in a first class chemical manufacturer.
Subject to business requirements, for the right candidate there may be possibilities for future career advancement within a growing team.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic and disciplined team member to assist in the laboratory practices at our Kings Lynn site.
- Chemical Analyses of primarily customer samples and reporting of results.
- Equipment trouble-shooting, maintenance and housekeeping.
- Quality control of production samples.
- Evaluation of raw material samples.
- Documenting test results.
- Working in accordance with good laboratory practice and guidelines
- Labelling and storage of samples.
- Developing new formulations, & testing of new products
- Lab-scale and pilot plant scale product performance situations.
- Method validation and verification in accordance with ISO standards.
- A degree in chemical sciences is essential (will consider HNC or HND etc)
- General applied chemistry knowledge is essential, producing reliable test results.
- Demonstrable capability of working with complex mixtures.
- Experience in using inductively coupled plasma (ICP), gas chromatography (GC) and Segmented Flow Analyser (SFA) units is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Experience in the analyses of biological wastewater and anaerobic digestion samples is an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) is preferred.
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Full UK Driving Licence and own means of transport.
Standard hours are 40 hours per week (nominally 07:30 am -4:00 pm), Some extra hours may be required during busy periods.