Contact one of our consultants
Analytical Development Chemist in Bedfordshire
Analytical Development Chemist
Full Time, Permanent
An opportunity has arisen to join the Analytical Development Team within the Pharmaceutical Development and Support department.
Your role as an Analytical Development Chemist will involve the development and early stage validation of new methods in accordance with current GxP guidelines, for various analyte and product types, using analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, TLC and titration. The role will involve the writing of protocols, reports, and SOPs. There will also be an element of equipment troubleshooting and maintenance required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently and within a team to research and develop new methods, where required.
- Transfer and training of new methodology to other analytical areas.
- Liaise with the Formulation department and regularly communicate progress directly and during meetings.
- Identify and implement new technologies to improve analytical processes within the laboratory.
- Performing general laboratory work and duties.
Experience and skills:
- Ideally experience in developing and validating analytical methods, with a good, practical knowledge of HPLC and/or GC analytical methods, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a chemistry-based discipline.
- Ability to use computer software packages, such as chromatography data systems, LIMS and Excel, for the collection, processing and reporting of data.
- Experience in the techniques of TLC and titrimetric analysis and experience of equipment troubleshooting and maintenance would be beneficial.