Contact one of our consultants
Analytical Chemist Job in Essex
Weekly Rotating shift 6am – 1pm and 1pm – 8pm, Monday – Friday.
Salary: £21,640 plus 10% shift premium (£23,804).
*Own car essential
To perform routine testing of samples for elemental content in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures using classical and instrumental techniques within a fast-paced commercial laboratory environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting analysis of samples within a laboratory environment to a high degree of accuracy in accordance with laboratory ISO17025 accreditation.
- Work with laboratory management to achieve key performance indicators.
- Organise and achieve work as assigned by area team leader/supervisor.
- To ensure safe working practices in line with HSE policy, Risk Assessment and COSHH procedures.
- Actively contribute to lean and continuous improvement activities within the laboratory environment.
- Process results and convey them to the QC team within a timely manner.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Degree in Chemistry or similar.
- Experience with laboratory environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written to a high standard.
- Attention to detail, able to follow precise instructions
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Flexible, innovative and creative.
- Customer focussed.
- *Previous laboratory experience is desired, but not essential.
Due to site location & shift times you would need your own transport and live within a 30-minute commute of Witham.