Contact one of our consultants
Analytical Chemist Job in Essex
Rotating shift 6am – 1pm and 1pm – 8pm.
Salary: £19,860.00 to £21,010 with a 10% shift premium
*Own car essential.
To perform routine testing of samples for elemental content in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures using classical and instrumental techniques within a fast-paced commercial laboratory environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting analysis of samples within a laboratory environment to a high degree of accuracy in accordance with laboratory ISO17025 accreditation.
- Work with laboratory management to achieve key performance indicators.
- Organise and achieve work as assigned by area team leader/supervisor.
- To ensure safe working practices in line with HSE policy, Risk Assessment and COSHH procedures.
- Actively contribute to lean and continuous improvement activities within the laboratory environment.
- Process results and convey them to the QC team within a timely manner.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experience within laboratory environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written to a high standard.
- Attention to detail, able to follow precise instructions
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Flexible, innovative and creative.
- Customer focussed.
- Degree in science or maths (or equivalent experience/qualification)
What we are looking for:
- Individuals with previous work experience in environments that require a practical hands-on approach such as the manufacturing industry and the catering sector.
- Individuals with a science-based degree and some previous work experience.
- Commute should preferable be no longer than 30 mins, as early shift commences at 6:00am.
Due to site location & shift times you would need your own transport, or already live in Witham.