Contact one of our consultants
Anaerobic Microbiology Researcher Job in Berkshire
Our client is a multinational consumer goods corporation; specializing in a wide range of personal care and hygiene products; organized into several segments including Beauty; Grooming; Health Care; Fabric & Home Care; and Baby and Feminine care.
The screening of materials for their anti-microbial activity is a critical part of continuing innovation.. Effective screening requires appropriate methods.
You will be responsible for developing novel, high throughput methods to enable screening of large libraries of materials.
You will be expected to work as part of a small team, sharing results and receiving guidance on
known material and method relevance.
You will need to be able to work independently in a microbiology lab; with proven aseptic technique knowledge, high quality standards and experience in cell culture.
Experience in anaerobic culture techniques is an advantage.
Data generated will be used to make project decisions and potentially for publication, so you must have previous experience.
You can expect to learn how to work effectively within a multifunctional team and an industrial microbiology lab.
Developing skills in the creation of new methods to enable screening of novel material libraries and applying this new capability to solve tough technical challenges within an FMCG company.
• Degree level qualification (BSc- or equivalent) in Microbiology, Bioanalytical, or a closely related discipline, with a proven lab focus and quality data generation.
• Computer literacy is required for standard Microsoft packages – XL, Word.
• Experience in anaerobic organism culture
Nice to Haves:
• Critical thinking & problem-solving skills, primarily in the execution and design of laboratory experiments would be advantageous using current scientific method.
• Collaboration- mature, professional, constructive behaviour within multifunctional teams.