Scientist - Fermentation in Cleveland
To provide specialist fermentation development knowledge and capability.
To undertake laboratory based tasks, keeping lab books, recording data, following, and supporting the development of, operating procedures and instructions
To undertake and produce reports on microbiology experiments and analytical testing, interpreting data, presenting conclusions and discussing and supporting data for internal peer review.
- To set-up, operate and monitor microbial fermentation processes under batch, fed-batch and continuous conditions following predefined protocols.
- To work in partnership with colleagues to modify or reconfigure bioreactor vessels and associated equipment to define the process parameters necessary to achieve optimal production conditions.
- To support the routine maintenance of fermenters, identifying and escalating issues which may impact their performance and availability.
- To support the design of experiment (DOE) to study the effect of multiple variables on fermentation performance and the effects of interactions between variables.
- To integrate validated scale down models for fermentation at lab scale.
- To undertake product harvesting and primary cell recovery by centrifugation and tangential flow filtration.
- To be responsible for providing clearly documented records of technical data, decisions, methodologies, calculations and software use in an agreed format.
- To maintain current up to date knowledge of developments within the area of expertise and make recommendations to expand and improve internal technical capability.
- To work with internal and external customers as required identifying and understanding their needs and contributing to the design and delivery of agreed outcomes within agreed timescales.
- To provide technical expertise to project scoping and feasibility studies in pursuit of business generation.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous capability development within teams in alignment with company strategy and project deliverables.
- To identify and implement improvement to SHE and quality standards.